Many years back, Lam Research embarked on a journey to set up a global center in Bangalore to expand its reach Indian talent pool. Over the period, this center expanded its capability and scope beyond engineering to global manufacturing, supply chain operations and other shared services. One of the major functional groups of this entity is LIGHT (Lam India Global Hardware Technology). LIGHT has completed more than a decade of existence and has emerged as a major new product development and sustaining engineering team for Lam’s global engineering footprint.
There is an opening for the role of a Director - Technical within LIGHT organization. This will be a staff position based out of Bangalore, directly reporting into Executive Director and Head of LIGHT. This individual will provide engineering leadership and drive engineering excellence in project deliverables working with other LIGHT leaders.
- Years of Experience: Minimum 15 years of experience with at least 5 years in semi-conductor / Wafer Fabrication Equipment (WFE) design and development
- Educational qualification: Master’s / PhD in Mechanical / Electrical / Materials engineering
- Coach and mentor LIGHT engineers to help solve complex design and development challenges related to WFE hardware engineering.
- Drive engineering excellence through DFX design, advance modeling to ensure robust design decisions and speed to solution in project execution.
- Ensure Lam’s Product Design and Release (PDR) process rigor and conduct deep-dive design reviews, sign-off the technical decisions and recommendations.
- Strengthen Knowledge Management by effective collection, documentation, and dissemination of technical knowledge in LIGHT organization.
- Lead innovation problem solving and ensure adequate IP focus in technical work conducted at LIGHT, spear-head university collaboration and research activities for LIGHT.
- Act as technical counsel to LIGHT head to formulate and shape technical roadmap for the organization to support global Product Group (PGs) vision and strategy.
Mandatory Skills required to performing the job:
- Extensive experience in product design and development at senior level, including one of the following WFE domains – Thermal, Fluid/Chemical delivery, Vacuum systems
- Hands-on experience of various stages of product life cycle, including concept & feasibility, preliminary and detailed design, design validation (based on modeling and physical testing) and launch
- Specifically- Requirement’s definition- application to hardware specs. Use of QFD/HOQ or other process for requirements definition and management
- Demonstrated use of modeling/analysis where practical to reduce testing
- Strong systems thinking and system interfaces, ability to integrate discrete sub-system solution and impact at larger system level.
- Experience in leading implementation of system level creative ideas/ introduction of new technology after coming up with them
- Experience in technical coaching and project mentoring in program of higher complexity
- Experience in testing and troubleshooting of an entire product (comprising of key domains like- electromechanical, Fluid/chemical delivery, thermal)
- Analyze test results from all phases and resolve product shortcomings to achieve requirements
- Collaborative and team working - ability to succeed in a highly team-oriented environment
- Good mix of technical and business acumen
- Experience in working with cross-disciplinary teams (including mechanical, electro-mechanical, Product Safety, Global Product Support, manufacturing engineers, Product Management) for major projects
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking and data driven decision making, and ability to understand and formulate compelling value propositions on new proposals
- Demonstrated leadership skill in complex technical decision making and problem solving
- Leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organization and strong project management experience