Position: Software Program Lead Engineer
Client - Lam Research
Location - Bangalore
Years of Experience: 9-12 Years
Educational qualification: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Preferably CS, IS, E&C, E&E, Instrumentation, Medical Electronics, Mechatronics etc.)
- Owns and independently drives the implementation of complex CIP/PG projects with high quality, reliability and OTD goals for Lam Products in Deposition and Etch business units.
- Takes design decisions on major software components involving core framework/infrastructures changes that impact multiple product lines.
- Works on new product development programs with tight deadlines having short time to market schedules.
- Drives and participates CFT meetings involving global stakeholders from different departments.
- Identifies software development process flaws and proposes corrective actions to improve process to meet organization KPI metrics.
- Resolves complex customer reported product issues by understanding customer scenarios and SW architecture in depth.
- Contributes towards organization’s CIP goals that includes reduction of defects and improvement in productivity for the teams.
- Mentors junior engineers by grooming, knowledge sharing, technical reviews with the objective to improve quality of software and productivity of the team.
- Be a part of Subject Matter Expertise (SME) development program with the objective to become an expert in a SW set of components.
- Creates value creation via innovation (IP generation) and continuous improvement plans to improve processes, productivity, and quality.
- Hands on experience of design and developing equipment/machine control software using object-oriented program.
- Exposure and experience with serial, MODBUS and EtherCat protocol implementation between Software and Hardware controller communication.
- Willingness to work in Smalltalk programming language
- Strong understanding and experience in OOPS concepts
- Strong analytical, logical, problem solving, trouble shooting skills
- Hands on experience in complete project development life cycle like waterfall, Agile, Kanban models etc.
- Exposure and experience in CFT to understand hardware specification, schematics and convert into Software design and implementation.
- Mentoring junior engineers to technical grow the team and organization.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in working on embedded systems
- Experience in programming in C/C++/Python
- Knowledge on EtherCat based device communications
- Hands on experience in software source control and bug tracking tools
- Hands on experience in RTOS
- Experience in the semiconductor equipment manufacturing industry
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Knowledge of equipment control framework like ControlWORKS